Thursday, 21 June 2012

Crash Test Mani

Crash Test Mani and Queen B in sunlight
Wow! I am sooo pleased with this mani! And the picture, I think this might be my 'thing'. Posing with my controller aka Queen B!

My Geek is in a band named Beezwax. A friend sent me a picture of a buzzing bee mani for their performance. I'm not even going to try and find the original source, there's so many extremely similar ones around the web. Anyway, I did the bee mani on a set of fake nails for my friend and planned on doing my own nails later. However, there was no time and I fell ill *sad face* so this is what I ended up with. It's not exactly a buzzing bee, it kind of reminds me of those crash test dummies! The colours look so cool together :-) This is three layers of Bright Back At You, and two of Lexington Yellow and the black polish. No topcoat!

This is how the Bee mani worked out:
Buzzing Bee mani just before last touches and filing - Picture by Sanne

I did the base colour (Rimmels Bright Back At You, two layers) a day before I did the accents and I really like the colour. Also received some compliments which is always nice ;-) It just brightens your day just looking at it.

Bright Back At You reading a book on the train


I used: Rimmel Bright Back At You, NYC Lexington Yellow, drug store brand black

No comments:

Post a Comment