Thursday, 26 July 2012

Foamy Oceans

*scheduled post due to city break*

After the disapointment from Essie Bikini so Teeny and the Chocolate Cakes/Decadent Dish blunder, I decided to try another Essie colour. Everyone deserves a second chance, right? =)
So I went and got Dive Bar. And dark blue with green and purple shimmer in the bottle.

Good news: in contrast to Bikini so Teeny, the glittering specks were very visible on my nails, yay!
Bad news: I couldn't manage to see any purple sheen once it's on the nails. Very disappointing =(
I had seen swatches like this one from Polish or Perish so I hadn't expected to not see any purple at all. It was a weekend with sun as well as a bit of rain so I kept looking at my nails constantly and from all angles but no luck.



However, I was very pleased with the mani and got some compliments, again, so I will definitely use Dive Bar again. I have just decided to prepare myself to get results that differ from what I expect when buying Essie. I was quite pleased with the Fingr's French pen, it cost a small fortune but thankfully the quality is immensely better than the Fingr's nail art pens.


I used: Essie Dive Bar, Fing'rs French Manicure Pen

1 comment:

  1. Although no purple, it's still a nice colour!

    ReplyDelete