Monday, 16 July 2012

Guest Post: Mermaid Fest

Yippie, my first guest author! Please welcome my lovely sister aka Mummy of my darling Nephew <3 =)

Thank you Fabby for the honour to guest blog on your Nailed It blog! I have a thing with purple, white sparkly & shiny polishes. So my collection is a wide variety of shades of the above. However since I discovered Bourjois Metallic Turquoise eyepencils, I have found a "new blue"! I couldn't resist and went on a hunt for shiny turquoise & pale blue, including sparkles of course. Never thought I'd end up buying 2 Essie nail polishes simultaneously!

At home I sat in the sun and let the sparkle fest begin! In holiday spirit I decided to start with Essie Beach Bum Blue, added a layer of silver effects to give it extra shine!

Don't you just want to go for a swim?

They almost glow in sunlight <3
Compared to my toe nails, it really shows how the silver transforms the layer below.

To top it off I added 1 layer of Glorious Aquarius glitters (silver and turquoise) and a top coat to smoothen it up. It looks so awesome in the sun! The polishes play with the sun, appearing to change colours depending on the angle you look at it. I definitely
found another favourite colour combination!

Wow Suze, this looks like a winner =) Easy to do but it looks so... almost magical. I might just try this for my French Riviera holiday =) Thank you for the inspiring guest post!

Suze used: Essie Beach Bum Blue, Essie Glorious Aquarius

No comments:

Post a Comment