Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Galactic Tips

Hi again!

Days are getting shorter and darker. So even though I don't consciously want to, I have been using darker colours (I am fixing this today, I have my Models Own Lemon Meringue at the ready!).

After getting Holographic Hero (aka The Polish That Broke Me) last week, I couldn't stay away from it. I HAD to try it out again and again!

Stamped star nail art
Click click click to enlarge

I really liked the texture. So even though I had learned it doesn't show holo when you use a top coat, I used Holo Hero rather than a silver polish.I was going to leave it at that but then I decided to stamp a star on top =)

I made this mani by following the steps below:
1. Use the brush of your polish to make three stripes on each nail. I do this by starting with the longest stripe. Place the brush on your nail, push it down ever so slightly to give the stripe the rounded edge. Then pull the brush up, as you would if you were adding a 'regular' coat of polish.
2. Then do the shortest stripe, and lastly the middle one. Repeat for each nail.
3. Let the polish dry. At this point it is not essential that the polish is even, as you are going to stamp over it. It is better to just use one coat and let it dry completely as to not get problems when you're stamping.
4. Stamp the silver/holo polish on. You'd best use the tip of a sponge so you can easily follow the pattern of the black polish. Allow the stamped polish too dry, which shouldn't take too long.
5. Get out your stamp set and stamp away! I'm still a novice at this whole stamping thing so I got some half stars and free handed the missing points. Hopefully, you won't have to ;-) Allow to dry.
6. Add your favourite top coat!

I was thinking about adding some glitter but decided against it in the end.

stamped star manicure
Galactic Tips aka Stamped Star Mani

For my stamping I use Essence Designer Set. These sponges are the best I have found so far, make up sponges are just too fine and tend to pick op the polish. Or maybe that's just the make up sponges in the shops I have tried. Anyway, the Essence sponges are cheap as and I'm happy with them =)
Essence stamping sponges
Picture: Essence EU


I used: Essie Licorice, GOSH Holographic Hero, Essence black stamping polish, Essence Gel Look topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment