Tuesday, 9 October 2012

YAY Germany!

October 3rd is the Day of German Unity. Pretty big deal! And since I have German heritage, I thought it would be acceptable to break my no-buy month in order to buy a polish from the Germany Collection! ;-)

Yay! Free topcoat!
Straight out of work I went to the store at the central station, because they are opened outside of office hours plus they have OPI. Faced with all the prettiness, I couldn't decide between German-icure by OPI and Schnapps Out of It!. I love the mini collections by OPI but I wasn't too impressed with the mini's for this Germany Collection.

So, ignoring my weeping wallet, I decided to just get both polishes. After all, 1+1=Unity ;-)

I got a great suprise at the register:  they had a promotion 'Buy 2, get a free topcoat' so YAY! Free full size OPI topcoat.

Stamped!
 

I spent much of the weekend playing with them, and I was amazed at how great they look stamped! I have never ever stamped anything near this well.

Sorry, no clean up, I was too excited to try something new ;-)

So after playing for a bit, this is what I went with for the rest of the weekend:

Proper mani
Two pures, two gradients and a drip.
German-icure is such a rich colour, it's so pretty <3. It looked pretty good after one layer but I went for two just to be sure. Here is a close up:

Oooh, shiny

Schnapps Out of It! is a great colour for work I would say, not too bold but still funky.


I used: OPI German-icure by OPI, OPI Schnapps Out of It!

No comments:

Post a Comment