Monday, 26 November 2012

Lazy 15 Day Ten: Mythical Water Creatures

Day Ten of the Lazy 15, only three days late. Yikes! I promise I will post Day Eleven today as well. It was a catching-up weekend.

So. Day Ten. I love Egypt with a passion. I have previously done a Sunset in Gizeh mani. Now it's time for another Egyptian mani =)

The theme for day ten in the Lazy 15 was 'Underwater Creatures/Water Mythical Creatures'. So I went with....

Hapi, Egyptian Nile God. Read all about him on Wikipedia! You will also find the pictures there that I based this mani on.

Hapi nail art

I used the colours that represent Hapi, freehanded a Nile Delta and my Geek wrote the hieroglyphs that spell his name on my thumb <3 I can't tell you how proud I am of this nail!

Hieroglyphs
The freehanded Nile Delta didn't come out quite as I had hoped. I mixed some shimmering pigments into Rimmels Bare Necessities to make it look like a dessert, then sponged some green where the Nile makes the land fertile. Finally I used Essie Dive Bar to draw the Nile itself.

Nile Delta

As you can see, I wasted no time on clean up. I was too stressed about being so behind on the challenge! Also, I realised that I'm going to Paris Tuesday and Wednesday to attend a fair, so I have to prepare Day Twelve as well. Why is this called a Lazy challenge?! ;-)


I used:
Thumb: Essie Blanc (which is getting thick =(), Staedler pigment liner
Index finger: Rimmel Bare Necessities mixed with some Essence Smell the Caramel pigment powder, Essence In The Jungle, Essie Dive Bar
Middle finger: blend of Rimmel Blue Vogue and Essie Bikini so Teeny
Ring finger: same blend as middle finger, Essence Sunshine 4ever, Essence In The Jungle
Pinky: Essence In The Jungle


Don't forget to check out the other people doing the challenge after the *jump*:

No comments:

Post a Comment