Friday, 30 November 2012

Lazy 15 Day Thirteen: Guilty Pleasure

Day Thirteen! We're nearly there guys!

The full theme for today was 'Inspired By Your Guilty Pleasure'. This was a hard one. I have so many guilty pleasures lol. But, right after nail polish, I suppose my biggest guilty pleasure would be vampire novels. From Twilight to Black Dagger Brotherhood and from Anita Blake to Immortals After Dark, I've read them all. Some blood, some lovin', some tortured men and tough heroines, and I'm hooked. Fittingly, the first book in the Anita Blake series is called Guilty Pleasures, so I took that as a sign! Here's what I did:

Anita Blake nails

So. Anita Blake.
Anita Blake is the title character and protagonist of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton.
The series takes place in a parallel world where the supernatural exist alongside regular humans, with Anita's jobs including the re-animation of the dead as well as the hunting and executing of supernatural creatures (mostly vampires) that have broken the law.
The supernatural beings are considered to be citizens with most of the rights of regular humans, which is sometimes the focus of some of the strife in the series.
The novels follow Anita's ongoing conflicts with the supernatural as she attempts to solve a variety of supernatural mysteries, come to terms with her own abilities, and navigate an increasingly complex series of romantic and political relationships.
As the series progresses Anita's perspective on the supernatural changes, as the character initially sees the supernatural predominantly as "monsters" to be fought and later grows to see them as communities to be protected and as potential love interests.
- Wikipedia


I started with black French tips to set the mood. Then I got freehanding =)
  • For the thumb I made a crucifix. Anita has a silver crucifix that is very dear to her.
  • Index finger: Anita's favourite animals are penguins. She has a stuffed little penguin named Sigmund that gives her comfort when nothing else can. Her penguin collection is a recurring theme throughout the series =)
  • Other than vampires, Anita deals with a variety of were-animals. My middle finger represents all those.
  • Ring finger: Yeah. Uhm. Anita has a nice collection of guns. As you might see, I have been fortunate so far in life and have never seen a gun up close.
  • Pinky: I really wanted to stick with the black-silver theme so I was a bit lost at what to do for the last finger. Then I remembered another book in the series is called Obsidian Butterfly, so I stamped a butterfly. Only this morning did I remember Anita loves black coffee so I should have gone for that! But well =)
I messed up with the top coat. I applied it before everything was dry so I suffered some streaks and bubbles. Then I waited a day before I took the pictures because it was dark out by the time I finished, and there were some wear marks already. But well.

My favourite nail was the thumb. I absolutely adored it!
Crucifix
I used: Essie Licorice, GOSH Holographic Hero, Essie Blanc, Essence Get The Fever
Don't forget to check out the other people doing the challenge after the *jump*:

No comments:

Post a Comment