Thursday, 20 December 2012

Merry Manicure

Woop woop! Time for a Christmas manicure =)

Since I cannot keep measure and buy just one item online, I have not been able to buy flocking powder yet. It always seems such a waste to buy one item and then pay shipping so I end up buying things I really don't need and not being able to buy my train tickets at the end of the month, grr.
So, when my Geek and I were at a garden centre a while ago, they had all this stuff to build your own model railway landscape. I found several interesting items (I'm always on the lookout for alternatives to things that are labelled 'nail art' as it seems things double in price once they are labelled that) including powders to be used for snow and grass. I used the snowflakes for the Snow White mani, here is the grass! 

I tried adding some decorations to the tree to complete the look but... Meh. I ruined it.



Fun fact: I used two different polishes for stamping: a local drugstore brand and OPI Just Spotted The Lizard. No difference here, will have to do comparison soon =)
The drugstore brand was actually a gift from GA Suze because it underwhelmed her so I can't wait to try it for real.


I used: Essence Do You Speak Love?, OPI Just Spotted The Lizard, Etos, green 'grass' powder for model trains.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. I wish you a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia! And the same to you. Thanks for subscribing =)

      Delete