Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Golden camouflage

How dangerous are train delays?! With all those shops at railway stations, it's just too easy to spend money.
I had to wait half an hour the other day and found the drugstore at the station had reduced prices on l'Oréal and Maybelline polishes. I managed to ignore the Maybelline display but couldn't refuse a 50% off l'Oréal Color Riche Luxembourg Garden. I've since read it's supposed to be a dupe for Chanel Black Pearl? I don't have that one (have you seen the price label on it?) so I wouldn't know, but from swatches I'd say it looks pretty similar.

I found this pic by Tumblr user batsarequiet in Google cache:

batsarequiet.tumblr.com

I applied two coats, then used an eyeshadow applicator to sponge on a gold Miss Sporty polish. For the accent nail, I applied one coat of the lush The Man With The Golden Gun.
To even out the sponging, I applied one coat of Better Than Gel Look top coat by Essence. This was the result:


Even if it's not the same gold tint, I liked it a lot.


I used: L'Oréal Color Riche 608 Luxembourg Garden, Miss Sporty gold shimmer polish (no name), OPI The Man With The Golden Gun.

1 comment: