Wednesday, 13 March 2013

NPR - Ombre hair

Something not polish related today. I hope you don't mind. If you do, just skip this post, I promise I won't make a habit of it. Just a bit of randomness today =)

My hair is a colour we call 'salt and pepper' at home. Actually, I had a conversation like this a couple of years back:

Male friend: 'What is actually your natural hair colour?'
Me: 'See that colour here, at the roots?'
Male friend: 'That greyish colour?'
Me: *evil stare* 'Yes.' 

So I have been colouring my hair ever since I was 13, I think. I have had every red and a lot of purples, even black and blue. In recent years, I am more drawn to browns and subtle reds, however. My hair has a lot of 'warmth' as the hair dresser so fancily calls it, so any red becomes ten times more so once applied to my hair. So I tend top stay away from them now.
In the sun, my hair goes very light. So in winter I have dark brown hair and in summer blond.
However, last time I was at the hairdresser she asked me if I had had my hair done recently. I was confused and said no, when she added 'ombres are very *now*'. So that got me thinking. I know a lot of people seem to be 'over' ombre hair, but me? Just like for nails, I love myself a gradient! =D

So I went and got this set:
  

This worked like a charm. It comes with a fantastic brush- it's all very easy. The result was very good. No one even noticed it! In the pictures below though you can really see the difference between top of my head and the ends!
Ombre hair
After taking these pics, I have added some lowlights so there's more of a contrast. The contrast is not quite like on the box though. I expected to love this and not worry about touching up the roots, but I'm still quite fussed about them. The look is not as hassle-free and low-maintenance as I expected ;-)
Will keep it for now though!

Have you ever done ombre hair? Or is ombre just a look meant for your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment