Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Exit Sephora

Sooooo! All Sephora's are closing, nationwide. No laughing matter. However, it also means MAJOR CLEAN OUT SALES! Whoooop! =)

Sunday was the last day Sephora in our city was opened. So, when we were meeting friends for lunch in the city centre, I asked My Geek if we could go check out Sephora, to see if it was worth the hassle to go on Sunday or if everything had been cleared out already. He agreed, we had a great lunch with our friends, went for a few beers with them, dropped them off at their parking spot and continued on to Sephora.

I have never seen a store so empty. I kept looking around corners, wide eyed, just to discover an empty display. Until I stumbled upon the OPI + Nails Inc display!

Both OPI and Nails Inc had no special promotions going on =( Only buy three, get 30% off. Which is probably why the display was still pretty much full while all the other displays were empty.
I discovered a Nails Inc Leather Effect set later that was 50% off, WHOOP! Next to it were some Ciaté sets so I grabbed one of those as well.

Anyway. The OPI display. They had so many polishes I thought were not for sale anymore! Polishes from collections like James Bond, Spiderman, Germany, Holland, and most shocking of all: they had about twenty Black Spotted. Honestly. I can't tell you how long I've checked every OPI display I came across, only to accept that it really was only part of the Spiderman collection in French Sephora stores. And then here it was! Twenty bottles.

So, I was grabbing polishes, holding them up in the light, asking My Geek what he thought of them. He kept giving me feedback, suggesting other colours and saying 'just buy it, it's your hobby, this is a good deal'. I told him 'you have no idea what an OPI costs, do you?' and he looked at the display, and called out the price incredulously. Lol! He then composed himself and told me to choose between the two blue OPIs in our basket. No problem ;-)

I still had a pretty big stash in our basket and prepared myself for a big shock at check-out ;-) Luckily we had just been given a summer bonus at work! The lady at the register looked proper bored and actually made me feel like less of a hoarder. She gave me a ton of freebies! A perfume sample, a set of two (ugly) bracelets, Fendi buttons, a Clinique sample and ten (!) Sephora toner samples.


OPI Deutsch You Want Me, OPI Black Spotted, OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue, Nails Inc Brick Lane Graffiti, Nails Inc Soho Magnetic, Nails Inc Stonehenge concrete finish, Nails Inc Bling It On: Rebel kit, Ciaté Velvet Mani Blue Suede.

Obviously, I gave My Geek a big fat smack on the lips and said I needed to take him polish shopping after beers more often ;-) Our friends have already agreed to more beers ;-)

Can't wait to try all these babies!

1 comment: