Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Kings of Leon Nail Art

Hi there!

Maybe you knew from my profile pic, but I am a HUGE Kings of Leon fan. I urge every one of you to go and check out songs OTHER than Use Somebody, Sex on Fire and Notion. I call those the Hellish Trinity because those are the songs everyone knows and every cover band plays. Don't get me wrong, they are great songs but Kings of Leon have so many amazing songs. Wilder, more bad-ass, laden with raw emotion, stuff like that.
And the amazing ballad Arizona which is actually about a beautiful prostitute in a whorehouse in Arizona. I wrote that bit in white as to not offend anyone. Select it with your cursor if you are curious!

I was lucky enough to see them live two years ago, and last weekend I got to see them again <3 They are doing a European tour this summer and played a festival nearby. So of course I had to do Kings of Leon nails! I came up with the idea of using the US cover for Only By The Night quite quickly. However, after some practising I realised I was never going to do this on ten nails. So My Geek helped me with some design suggestions. This is what I ended up with =)

Kings of Leon nail art easy
Kings of Leon nail art <3

For your reference, this is the US album cover:


It's two birds of prey locked in battle. Yeah. Good luck with that. It takes a more talented nail art enthousiast to pull that off.
So I just used polish thinner to get a water colour effect, which unfortunately doesn't really come across on the photograph. Several people noticed and complimented me, though =) The golden circle thingies were like tiny discoballs on my nails <3 The sun really played with them.

Here are two pictures of the evening:

Click to enlarge. I'd like to think Jared (<3) made eye contact here ;-)
Have you ever done your nails as an ode to your favorite band/artist? I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment