Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Halloween NAC Day 2: Pumpkins & Jack O'Lanterns

Day two of the Halloween Nail Art Challenge!

Day two brings us Pumpkins and Jack O'Lanterns. I have so much love for pumpkins <3 We have one of those lights shown above at home. So I was pumped (ha!) to do a mani themed around them!

Pumpinks/Jack O 'Lanterns are orange. Orange is a colour most (normal?) people don't have in their stash. Every year, I 'realise' I don't have an orange polish and panic. Until I actually check my polishes. Ahem.
Oops. Seems I have no shortage of orange polishes ;-)

  • First, I drew circles with Essie Meet Me At Sunset on my nails. 
  • Then I took my nail art brush and used OPI He's My Boo (Spookettes set) to make the circles into pumpkins.
  • Then I applied Rimmel Blue Vogue around the pumpkins to make it look like night.
  • Then I used l'Oréal Banana Pop, Essence Get The Fever and Essie Licorice to make it look like there was a light inside the pumpkins. I'm not entirely happy with the effect, but if you don't look so closely (for example if you just look at my nails in real life), it looks alright.
  • Finally I used a nail art brush to apply Miss Sporty Check Matte on top of the Blue Vogue, to give it that satin-y, velvet-y feel dark nights can have.

Yes, I purposely placed my watermark there to camouflage my cuticles ;-)

I really enjoyed this prompt! I'm a bit wary about the next prompt: Things that go BUMP in the night. Well, check back the day after tomorrow to see if I managed to come up with anything!

Check out the other participants below:

No comments:

Post a Comment