Thursday, 3 October 2013

Literary French

Oops. I wrote on Facebook that I was posting this mani yesterday, but never got around to taking the pictures. Even now, I only have one shitty one =(

I got the OPI Spookettes set some days ago and I knew I needed to do a mani RIGHT AWAY. I chose to use Mummy Knows Best and I Only Date Werewolves (IODW). I had the idea in my mind (spent the entire day at work designing it in my mind haha), added a strip of striping tape on each nail and applied IODW.
Yikes! It was so... smokey! I really expected it to be opaque in one coat like Essie Licorice, but I had to do two coats. Which of course meant trouble for the striping part- there's no way you can get it a crisp line if you don't remove the tape immediately after applying the polish.

I added white tips, used the paper and transfer solution from my The New Black - Weekly Journal set. Then another strip of striping tape where the black and white polish met on each nail, and finally a top coat.

I really love the Weekly Journal set. Sure, newspaper nails can be done cheaper, but I love the fact that the texts are all happy words and they are printed mirrored, so on your nails, they are actually correct!

Beautezine.com
This mani was actually a bit harder than I expected. The problem with only having the print on the tips, is that the piece of paper is too small to get a good grip. So it moved around a bit =( I was still quite happy with the look though! It looked like a Rock&Roll version of the French mani =)

Well, that's it for now! Check back tomorrow for some World Animal Day nail art!

No comments:

Post a Comment