Luckily I did two days of the challenge over the weekend, so I should be able to post day nine today as well. Because I am now behind on schedule, I didn't take the time to crop the pictures or add a watermark. Also, I am already stressed about day Eleven now that I am no longer ahead of schedule =(
Day Eight of the Lazy 15 meant: Dessert. I expect to see lots of lush drippy cupcake mani's! Can't wait to check them all out =)
Myself? I went for a yummy Black Forest Gateau.
|Yum. Black Forest Gateau. (pic: Weightwatchers)|
|My nails weren't really as yellow as they look here...|
|Black Forrest Gateau nails, yum!|
I made this mani by following the steps below:
1. Get out your tools - tape, scissors, dotting tool, eye shadow applicators, tweezers and polishes.
2. Cut a piece of tape to make it look like a bite. Remember, this will be the 'eaten' part, so shape it like that. Cut other pieces of tape to form a triangle (aka piece of cake) on your nails.
3. Place the tape over your nails. Apply polish.
4. Using tweezers, quickly remove the tape before the polish has a chance to grow tacky!
5. Allow polish to dry. If necessary, add another coat.
6. Place a dollop of white polish on a smooth surface. I like to use tape for this.
Blend white and a drop of yellow polish an a smooth surface.
7. Sponge the mixture onto the edge of the nail to look like a dollop of whipped cream.
8. Dot a dark, rich red onto the whipped cream.
9. Inside that, add a smaller dot of a bright red.
10. Inside that, add a tiny dot of white. The effect should make it look 3D.
11. Add your favourite top coat!
I used: Essie Chocolate Cakes, Essie Blanc, Models Own Lemon Merengue, l'Oréal Color Riche 401 Rouge Pin Up, l'Oréal Color Riche 404 Scarlet Vamp.
Next up is Day Nine: Disney. Ooooh, I <3 Disney =)
And don't forget to check out the other people doing the challenge after the *jump*: